20.1.10

Entry No.1

A Special Moment Spent With My Family
(Actually, it's just with my mother and my elder sister. Second elder sister and father were not free at that time, sadly.)

The school bell went off at 1.40pm sharp. Huge swarms of students buzzed out of their classrooms. We were free! I strolled out of the school gate and a familiar silver car was in sight. My mother was waiting to pick me up already, which was unusual as she was always slightly late. As I paced towards the car, I saw my elder sister waiting comfortably in the car. Numerous questions popped in my mind... What was she doing here? Why was she taking a ride in the car that was supposed to pick me up and head straight home?

I pulled the car door handle and Click! the door snapped open. I went in and my mother told me that we were going to Parkway Parade to have our lunch. Raising an eyebrow, I doubted her unfamiliar words. Were we really going out to eat lunch? Together? Whoa, this was different. As you would have realised from my reaction, my family and I don't go out that often. My mother would usually buy the SAME variety of assorted dishes half the time. Otherwise, she would whip up some tasty and mouth-watering dishes like her famous "Braised Tender Chicken in Dark Soy Sauce".

At first, I was elated for a brief moment. Then I thought about my pile of homework stacking up at home and the heaps of revision that I had to do. I considered asking my mother to alight me somewhere near home and they could go have their nice lunch. But opportunities like these that enable me to spend quality time with my family were hard to come by. Therefore, I decided to tag along, but with a fixed time frame in mind.

We took a lift down to the basement, where our usual hangout for meals was - The Food Court. My family and I frequently patronized the stall, Mee Rebus, which had scrumptious dishes like Laksa, Mee Siam, Curry Noodle and of course, Mee Rebus. I ate Mee Rebus, which was a bowl of delicious, springy yellow noodles with a thick and spicy gravy dunked ontop. It was garnished by a few green chillies and an egg. It was finger-licking good!


My mother had Mee Siam, an abundance of thin bee hoon strands soaked in 'Asam' gravy. A plate of fragrant and aromatic chicken rice was consumed by my elder sister. What a food court! It had so many stalls that sold so many different foods from different cultures and countries all over the world!

After the meal, all of us were rubbing our satisfied stomachs, smiling. We had a nice and pleasant meal as a family. I cherished every moment spent with my family and enjoyed the lunch. All of us went home gleefully, and that, was a special moment spent with my family.





No comments:

Post a Comment